Forecast Public Art is helping to raise the profile of public art locally and globally.
This year, Theresa Sweetland joined Forecast as our new Executive Director. As Forecast’s founder Jack Becker focuses on building our Community Services team and Theresa moves forward in her new leadership role, we have some big plans ahead of us.
To mark this important milestone and prepare for the future, the board of directors has created a $100,000 Forecast Future Fund.
Thanks to a $50,000 anonymous challenge gift honoring founder Jack Becker’s 38-year legacy, we are already halfway to our goal!
As we expand on nearly four decades of empowering the field of public art, we look forward to:
- Providing hundreds of public artists in Minnesota with the financial resources, knowledge, and networks to test and implement public art dreams that have a significant community impact.
- Bringing public art curriculum to hundreds of young people in Twin Cities schools and surrounding districts.
- Providing our top-notch Community Services program to urban, suburban and rural cities across the country to ensure artists are essential partners in the future of our communities.
- Expanding the readership of the leading public art publication in the world by bringing Public Art Review to more countries and cities around the globe.
- Diversifying our team, including the staff and board we recruit, the pool of artists we support, writers we engage, and trainers and consultants we hire.
- Teaming up with American Planning Association to offer a Public Art 101 certification to city planners around the country.
- Investing in research and development to explore the most innovative, impactful and cutting edge public art practice.
With your investment in the next generation of leadership, public art and artists, we will raise an additional $50,000 by December 31, 2016.
Please consider supporting the future of Forecast with a tax-deductible gift today. With you, Forecast Public Art will continue to grow, evolve, and dream BIG.
You can also make a donation by calling our offices at (651) 641-1128 or mailing your gift to:
Forecast Public Art, 2300 Myrtle Avenue Suite 160, Saint Paul, MN 55114
Take a look at all the ways we have activated artists and communities in the last year: