Our community workshops foster innovation, ideas, and connections.
We use creative facilitation techniques and participatory practices to engage communities in deep dialogue, problem-solving, and critical thinking about issues related to public art. We’ll bring our public art workshops to your city, community, business, or classroom.
Our workshops are designed to engage each participant’s interests and experiences through presentations, activities, brainstorming, and exercises. All of our workshops can be customized to meet your needs.
- Public Art 101: Participants explore the expanding definition of public art. This workshop gives an overview of the nuts and bolts of public art projects from start to finish. For anyone interested in public art.
- Public Art Planning: You have ideas brewing and you are ready to take it to the next level. This workshop digs into the specifics of how to take your idea from concept to fruition. Participants will receive resources and personalized interaction with Forecast staff to realize their ideas.
- Participatory Public Art: What is participatory public art? What does it mean? How and where does it happen? In this workshop, participants learn about contemporary participatory practice and apply their learning to collaboratively implement a participatory project of their own.
- The Labyrinth: Join Executive Director Jack Becker in the creation of a labyrinth at a site of your choosing. Becker works with participants to uncover the history of the labyrinth and connect it to contemporary public art and placemaking. At the end of the session, you have an amazing, temporary public art piece and have experienced a deeply unique leadership and team building experience.
- Artist Visits: Want to get behind the scenes with a professional public artist? Forecast can help you connect with artists and teaching artists willing to share their personal and professional adventures in public art with you or your community.
- Professional Development: Are you looking for ways to bring creativity into the workplace? We can work with you to create workshops tailored to your unique professional development needs and infuse it with public art.
- Train the Trainer: We train community members how to envision creative places and work with artists to realize their vision. In New London, MN on-the-ground organizers are guiding public art projects based on our training, creating an arts-centric community. Learn more.
- Presentations: Forecast staff bring the world of public art to your conference, classroom, meeting, or gathering. Presentations may be customized based a topic of interest to you. Special rates for thematically-related issues of Public Art Review are available upon request. We specialize in discussions that directly meet the needs of participants. Special workshops or breakout sessions may be developed to address local issues, build skills, improve teamwork and collaboration, or develop new plans.
- Tours: Forecast provides tours of public art throughout the Twin Cities. These range from two or three hour tours (walking, bus or van) in specific regions to 6 hour tours that span the Twin Cities and include meals, talks with artists and informal dialogues on related topics.
- Artist Workshops and Events: We also offer artist workshops to help artists grow in their careers. Visit our event page to learn more about our ongoing OpenSpace/OpenBar and Public Art Scrambler events.
- Custom workshops: Don’t see what you are looking for listed above? We can design and adapt workshops for you. Do you have an idea for a workshop you would like to host, but also participate in? Forecast has trained staff members ready to help you facilitate your convenings and can infuse them with public art concepts.
For more information about workshops and pricing, contact Kirstin Wiegmann at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.641.1128 ext. 110.