Want to make public art?
Only 20 spots available for Making It Public, a two-day intensive workshop series to help artists make public art. Free to all participants.
Designed for any studio practice/artistic approach – screen printing, sculpture, community engagement, painting and more, Making it Public offers:
- Guest presentations from local artists and public art professionals,
- Discussions on the field, profession, history, and contemporary issues in public art,
- Explorations of your professional practice and possibilities in public art,
- Pairing with a public art mentor
This workshop is for artists new to working in public art. All participants are eligible for follow-up artist consulting from Forecast staff free of charge.
- Saturday September 30 and Sunday October 1, 2017. Participants are expected to attend both days.
- Workshops will cover topics including site analysis, community engagement, permitting, conservation, proposal preparation, project management, and project ideation.
- Participants will be paired with a mid-career public artist and have time during the workshop for conversation and relationship building.
- Facilitated by Jen Krava and Rachel Wandrei with multiple guest speakers.
- Workshops will take place at Forecast Public Art.
- The program is made possible with funding from the City of Saint Paul Cultural STAR Program Lowertown Future Fund and is offered at no cost to the artists.
- Artists of all media forms are welcome to participate.
- Preference given to artists that live/work in Lowertown. Limit 20.
- Participants must commit to attending both days.
- Forecast staff will notify all participants whether or not they have been accepted to participate in the workshop within two weeks of the deadline closing.
Please contact Jen at JenK@forecastpublicart.
This workshop is made possible by St. Paul Cultural STAR and Lowertown Future Fund.