Forecast is celebrating 40 years of impacting communities through public art and placemaking
What an incredible 40 years it has been! Since 1978, Forecast has grown to be respected international leader, published 57 issues of our award-winning magazine Public Art Review, provided grant funding to more than 300 artists, supported hundreds more artists and professionals with training and professional development, and helped countless communities across the country and around the globe create transformative, accessible art in public space.
As we reflect back on the remarkable legacy of Forecast, we are filled with inspiration and motivation for the years to come. During this auspicious year, Forecast will unveil a refreshed look with updated branding and a new website, launch new learning tools and trainings to make our trusted knowledge even more accessible and far reaching, and continue efforts toward our new people-oriented mission and vision.
We hope you’ll join us in celebrating this important anniversary. Please mark your calendar for the many special events and happenings we have planned throughout 2018. Watch for more information on anniversary events over the coming months.
- February: Unveiling of our updated branding and website
- May: Forecast at 40 Breakfast Celebration
- June: Twin Cities Public Art Tour
- September: Launch of our Public Art Consulting Training Program
- October: 40th Anniversary Party + Awards Ceremony
- November: Launch Party for Public Art Review Issue 58